600430 - XACT Flywheel Prolite
|Item Description||XACT Flywheel Prolite|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||14.4|
|Warranty||12 Months (view details)|
600430 is a Prolite flywheel, which is ACT's lighter flywheel offering with lowest inertia. Prolite flywheels are designed for best throttle response and acceleration. Prolite flywheels are preferred for road racing or rally racing, and have reduced drivability. Materials are properly distributed for maximum strength, good heat tolerance and rigidity. ACT flywheels are serviceable and can be resurfaced with no need to purchase additional parts.
|Feel||Dramatically improved engine response and acceleration, mild to moderate gear rattle|
|Life||Heat-treated forging for strength and toughness, induction-hardened ring gears for maximum life|
|Quality||One piece construction allows less opportunity for failure and provides uniform efficient heat transfer from the clutch disc. No more warped inserts or loose ring gears|
|Recommended Use||Recommended for race use|
|ACT Difference||Forged, CNC machined and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability|
|1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra||4.6 V8 GAS FI|
|1997 Ford Mustang Cobra||4.6 V8 GAS FI|
|1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra||4.6 V8 GAS FI|
|1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra||4.6 V8 GAS FI|
|2011 Ford Mustang GT||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2012 Ford Mustang GT||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2013 Ford Mustang GT||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2014 Ford Mustang GT||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2015 Ford Mustang GT||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2015 Ford Mustang GT 50 Years Limited Edition||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2016 Ford Mustang Base||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2016 Ford Mustang GT||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2017 Ford Mustang GT||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
|2017 Ford Mustang V8||5.0 V8 GAS FI 4951cc|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use an aftermarket flywheel with an ACT clutch?
- The ACT clutch system is designed to work with both stock and good quality aftermarket flywheels. Inferior aftermarket flywheels may have trouble with warpage or high wear. When replacing a flywheel, be sure that the new flywheel meets the same specifications, such as proper step, ring gear tooth count, flywheel thickness, ring gear offset, etc. If the ACT clutch is designated as part of a conversion kit, then it must be used with only the corresponding ACT flywheel.
- What is a flywheel step?
- The flywheel step determines the proper working range of the pressure plate and is extremely crucial for the clutch to work properly. The step is the distance between the friction surface and the pressure plate mounting point on the flywheel. Depending on the make and model of the car it can either be an UP step or DOWN step and sometimes the flywheel will be flat (zero step). Check the manufacturer's specifications about the proper flywheel step for the application.
- Can the XACT Flywheels be resurfaced, and is there a special process?
- Yes, ACT XACT flywheels can be resurfaced just like a stock flywheel and there is no special process other than using a flywheel grinder in good condition to remove as little material as possible for full cleanup (no more than 0.040” / 1.02mm may be removed). Make 100% sure that the proper flywheel step is maintained as this will affect the clutch function if incorrect.