601011 - XACT Flywheel Streetlite
|Item Description||XACT Flywheel Streetlite|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||15.2|
|Friction Surface Diameter (Inches)||9.4|
|Friction Surface Diameter (Millimeters)||240|
|Warranty||12 Months (view details)|
601011 is a Streetlite flywheel, which is considerably lighter than stock and is the most durable flywheel offering from ACT. Materials are properly distributed for maximum strength, lower inertia, good heat tolerance and rigidity. ACT's Streetlite flywheels are preferred for street or drag racing. ACT flywheels are serviceable and can be resurfaced with no need to purchase additional parts.
|Feel||Noticeably improved engine response and acceleration, OE to mild gear rattle|
|Life||Heat-treated forging for strength and toughness, induction-hardened ring gears for maximum life|
|Quality||One piece construction allows less opportunity for failure and provides uniform efficient heat transfer from the clutch disc. No more warped inserts or loose ring gears|
|Recommended Use||Recommended for street and race use|
|ACT Difference||Forged, CNC machined and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability|
|1996 BMW M3 Base||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3152cc|
|1997 BMW M3 Base||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3152cc|
|1998 BMW M3 Base||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3152cc|
|1998 BMW Z3 M Roadster||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3152cc|
|1999 BMW M3 Base||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3152cc|
|1999 BMW Z3 M Coupe||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3152cc|
|1999 BMW Z3 M Roadster||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3152cc|
|2000 BMW Z3 M Coupe||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3152cc|
|2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3152cc|
|2001 BMW Z3 M Coupe||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3246cc|
|2001 BMW Z3 M Roadster||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3246cc|
|2002 BMW Z3 M Coupe||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3246cc|
|2002 BMW Z3 M Roadster||3.2 L6 GAS FI 3246cc|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use an aftermarket flywheel with an ACT clutch?
- The ACT clutch system is designed to work with both stock and good quality aftermarket flywheels. Inferior aftermarket flywheels may have trouble with warpage or high wear. When replacing a flywheel, be sure that the new flywheel meets the same specifications, such as proper step, ring gear tooth count, flywheel thickness, ring gear offset, etc. If the ACT clutch is designated as part of a conversion kit, then it must be used with only the corresponding ACT flywheel.
- What is a flywheel step?
- The flywheel step determines the proper working range of the pressure plate and is extremely crucial for the clutch to work properly. The step is the distance between the friction surface and the pressure plate mounting point on the flywheel. Depending on the make and model of the car it can either be an UP step or DOWN step and sometimes the flywheel will be flat (zero step). Check the manufacturer's specifications about the proper flywheel step for the application.
- Can the XACT Flywheels be resurfaced, and is there a special process?
- Yes, ACT XACT flywheels can be resurfaced just like a stock flywheel and there is no special process other than using a flywheel grinder in good condition to remove as little material as possible for full cleanup (no more than 0.040” / 1.02mm may be removed). Make 100% sure that the proper flywheel step is maintained as this will affect the clutch function if incorrect.