T43-HDSS - HD-O/Perf Street Sprung
|Item Description||HD-O/Perf Street Sprung|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||17.1|
|Torque Capacity (ft/lbs.)||285|
|Torque Capacity Over OE||32%|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Inches)||9.3|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Millimeters)||236|
|Input Shaft Diameter (inches)||1.125|
|Pressure Plate Type||Heavy Duty|
|Warranty||12 Months (view details)|
T43-HDSS kit features ACT's highly regarded Heavy Duty pressure plate and most popular street disc delivering generous torque capacity, smooth precise feel, quiet operation and increased toughness to withstand the rigors of spirited street and off-road use. ACT’s exclusive diaphragm design increases clamp load, reduces deflection and maximizes clutch life. All diaphragms endure a four-stage heat-treating process for unparalleled performance. ACT precision pressure plate cover stampings provide rigidity and consistency while precision machined pressure plate castings absorb heat. ACT’s performance street discs boast quality parts throughout with robust center sections, premium organic friction materials for exceptional wear and improved heat capacity which are steel-backed for greater burst strength and durability.
|Feel||Light to moderate pedal effort, smooth positive engagement, OE to mild gear rattle|
|Life||Longer friction life, extended by ACT's exclusive diaphragm design|
|Quality||Carefully engineered, precisely assembled, accurately balanced, with premium organic friction materials for heat tolerance and reduced fade|
|Recommended Use||Recommended for street and race use|
|ACT Difference||100% clamp load tested and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability|
|1987 Toyota 4Runner SR5||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Turbocharged|
|1987 Toyota Pickup Base Turbo||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Turbocharged|
|1987 Toyota Pickup SR5 Turbo||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Turbocharged|
|1988 Toyota 4Runner SR5||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Turbocharged|
|1988 Toyota Pickup SR5 Turbo||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Turbocharged|
|1993 Toyota 4Runner SR5||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Naturally Aspirated|
|1993 Toyota Pickup Base||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Naturally Aspirated|
|1993 Toyota Pickup DLX||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Naturally Aspirated|
|1994 Toyota 4Runner SR5||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Naturally Aspirated|
|1994 Toyota Pickup Base||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Naturally Aspirated|
|1994 Toyota Pickup DLX||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Naturally Aspirated|
|1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Naturally Aspirated|
|1995 Toyota Pickup Base||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Naturally Aspirated|
|1995 Toyota Pickup DLX||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2366cc | SOHC | Naturally Aspirated|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are ACT clutches balanced?
- Yes! All ACT clutch assemblies are computer spin balanced to within .25 oz-in to guarantee help smooth operation across the entire RPM range. For comparison, stock production clutches are typically balanced to within .50 oz-in. Lower is definitely better!
- Will an ACT clutch increase pedal effort?
- ACT pressure plates are specifically designed to handle high torque applications. With ACT's durable design, expect an increase in pedal effort between 15-40% (Heavy Duty) and 50-80% (Xtreme), depending on the application. Clutches developed with less pedal effort often result in a lack of longevity, torque capacity and/or engagement quality.
- Do ACT clutches require a break in period?
- For organic street discs, we recommend breaking in the clutch for 300-500 miles with mild engagement, such as stop-and-go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. ACT race discs usually only require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period, as this can result in friction surfaces fusing together, hot spots, and friction surface glazing.
- Are ACT clutches repairable or rebuildable?
- In some situations, rebuilds or repairs may be possible (see warranty), after inspection of the clutch assembly. Please contact our technical department for further information. Because of special modifications, we do not recommend servicing by a general clutch rebuilder.
- How much does an ACT clutch weigh?
- The weight of the ACT clutch assembly will usually be the same as a stock OEM clutch assembly.