MB10-HDSS - HD-M/Perf Street Sprung
Note: Includes Monoloc.
|Item Description||HD-M/Perf Street Sprung|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||18.0|
|Torque Capacity (ft/lbs.)||384|
|Torque Capacity Over OE||37%|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Inches)||9.4|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Millimeters)||240|
|Input Shaft Diameter (inches)||1|
|Pressure Plate Type||Heavy Duty|
|Warranty||12 Months (view details)|
MB10-HDSS kit features ACT's most popular Heavy Duty pressure plate and most popular street disc. ACT Heavy Duty pressure plates use exclusive diaphragm design to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure a four-stage, heat-treating process for unparalleled performance. ACT pressure plates have precision cover stampings to provide rigidity and consistency. ACT's Performance street discs are the most popular disc purchased. They feature premium organic materials with high copper content for better heat transfer and steel-backed lining for greater burst strength and durability. These discs feature a reduced marcel for faster shift action to complement ACT pressure plates. Quiet operation with increased strength and reliability. Monoloc is a one-piece, direct replacement or upgrade to the standard, two-piece wedge collar and wire ring featured in pull-type clutches. The spring tension of the segmented retaining ring is carefully calculated and tested for optimal performance. It provides uniform loading on the bearing and pressure plate to assure proper alignment, regardless of driver influence or vehicle modifications. Monoloc's hardened chrome-moly steel construction will provide years of service.
|Feel||Light to moderate pedal effort, smooth positive engagement, OE to mild gear rattle, confidence during hard shifts|
|Life||Longer friction life, extended by ACT's exclusive diaphragm design, dramatic improvement in release mechanism life|
|Quality||Carefully engineered, precisely assembled, accurately balanced, with premium organic friction materials for heat tolerance and reduced fade, major improvement in release mechanism|
|Recommended Use||Recommended for street and race use|
|ACT Difference||100% clamp load tested and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability, includes ACT's patented Monoloc|
|2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
|2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS||3.0 V6 GAS FI 2972cc|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are ACT clutches balanced?
- Yes! All ACT clutch assemblies are computer spin balanced to within .25 oz-in to guarantee help smooth operation across the entire RPM range. For comparison, stock production clutches are typically balanced to within .50 oz-in. Lower is definitely better!
- Will an ACT clutch increase pedal effort?
- ACT pressure plates are specifically designed to handle high torque applications. With ACT's durable design, expect an increase in pedal effort between 15-40% (Heavy Duty) and 50-80% (Xtreme), depending on the application. Clutches developed with less pedal effort often result in a lack of longevity, torque capacity and/or engagement quality.
- Do ACT clutches require a break in period?
- For organic street discs, we recommend breaking in the clutch for 300-500 miles with mild engagement, such as stop-and-go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. ACT race discs usually only require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period, as this can result in friction surfaces fusing together, hot spots, and friction surface glazing.
- Are ACT clutches repairable or rebuildable?
- In some situations, rebuilds or repairs may be possible (see warranty), after inspection of the clutch assembly. Please contact our technical department for further information. Because of special modifications, we do not recommend servicing by a general clutch rebuilder.
- How much does an ACT clutch weigh?
- The weight of the ACT clutch assembly will usually be the same as a stock OEM clutch assembly.