SZ3-HDG4 - HD/Race Sprung 4 Pad
|Item Description||HD/Race Sprung 4 Pad|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||9.2|
|Torque Capacity (ft/lbs.)||225|
|Torque Capacity Over OE||88%|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Inches)||7.5|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Millimeters)||190|
|Input Shaft Diameter (inches)||0.875|
|Pressure Plate Type||Heavy Duty|
|Warranty||12 Months (view details)|
SZ3-HDG4 kit features ACT's most popular Heavy Duty pressure plate. ACT Heavy Duty pressure plates use exclusive diaphragm design to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure a four-stage, heat-treating process for unparalleled performance. ACT pressure plates have precision cover stampings to provide rigidity and consistency. ACT's 4-pad spring-centered race disc features a spring-center to properly damp torsional vibrations for quieter operation and resist failure even under harsh conditions. ACT spring retainers utilize wraparound spring windows and thicker retainer stampings to provide spring support, reduce stress concentrations, and increase strength and reliability. With the 4-pad spring-centered race disc, engagement is harsher, but shifting is faster. ACT's 4-pad spring-centered race disc is well-suited for smaller disc sizes in smaller engines.
|Feel||Light to moderate pedal effort, aggressive engagement, OE to mild gear rattle|
|Life||Moderate friction life, extended by ACT's exclusive diaphragm design|
|Quality||Carefully engineered, precisely assembled, accurately balanced, uses select ceramic friction materials for high heat tolerance and maximum performance|
|Recommended Use||Recommended for high horsepower street or race use|
|ACT Difference||100% clamp load tested and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability|
|1986 Suzuki Samurai JA||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1325cc|
|1986 Suzuki Samurai JX||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1325cc|
|1986 Suzuki Samurai JX SE||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1325cc|
|1987 Suzuki Samurai JA||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1325cc|
|1987 Suzuki Samurai JX||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1325cc|
|1987 Suzuki Samurai JX SE||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1325cc|
|1988 Suzuki Samurai JA||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1325cc|
|1988 Suzuki Samurai JX||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1325cc|
|1989 Suzuki Samurai Base||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1325cc|
|1990 Suzuki Samurai JL||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1298cc|
|1991 Suzuki Samurai JA||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1298cc|
|1991 Suzuki Samurai JL||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1298cc|
|1991 Suzuki Samurai JS||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1298cc|
|1992 Suzuki Samurai JA||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1298cc|
|1992 Suzuki Samurai JL||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1298cc|
|1993 Suzuki Samurai JA||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1298cc|
|1993 Suzuki Samurai JL||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1298cc|
|1994 Suzuki Samurai JL||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1298cc|
|1995 Suzuki Samurai JL||1.3 L4 GAS FI 1298cc|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are ACT clutches balanced?
- Yes! All ACT clutch assemblies are computer spin balanced to within .25 oz-in to guarantee help smooth operation across the entire RPM range. For comparison, stock production clutches are typically balanced to within .50 oz-in. Lower is definitely better!
- Will an ACT clutch increase pedal effort?
- ACT pressure plates are specifically designed to handle high torque applications. With ACT's durable design, expect an increase in pedal effort between 15-40% (Heavy Duty) and 50-80% (Xtreme), depending on the application. Clutches developed with less pedal effort often result in a lack of longevity, torque capacity and/or engagement quality.
- Do ACT clutches require a break in period?
- For organic street discs, we recommend breaking in the clutch for 300-500 miles with mild engagement, such as stop-and-go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. ACT race discs usually only require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period, as this can result in friction surfaces fusing together, hot spots, and friction surface glazing.
- Are ACT clutches repairable or rebuildable?
- In some situations, rebuilds or repairs may be possible (see warranty), after inspection of the clutch assembly. Please contact our technical department for further information. Because of special modifications, we do not recommend servicing by a general clutch rebuilder.
- How much does an ACT clutch weigh?
- The weight of the ACT clutch assembly will usually be the same as a stock OEM clutch assembly.