TL4-HDSS - HD/Perf Street Sprung
|Item Description||HD/Perf Street Sprung|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||13.7|
|Torque Capacity (ft/lbs.)||275|
|Torque Capacity Over OE||48%|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Inches)||8.3|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Millimeters)||212|
|Input Shaft Diameter (inches)||0.9375|
|Pressure Plate Type||Heavy Duty|
|Warranty||12 Months (view details)|
TL4-HDSS kit features ACT's most popular Heavy Duty pressure plate and most popular street disc. ACT Heavy Duty pressure plates use exclusive diaphragm design to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure a four-stage, heat-treating process for unparalleled performance. ACT pressure plates have precision cover stampings to provide rigidity and consistency. ACT's Performance Street discs feature premium organic materials with high copper content for better heat transfer and steel-backed lining for greater burst strength and durability. These discs have reduced marcel for faster shift action to complement ACT pressure plates, with increased strength and reliability.
|Feel||Light to moderate pedal effort, smooth positive engagement, OE to mild gear rattle|
|Life||Longer friction life, extended by ACT's exclusive diaphragm design|
|Quality||Carefully engineered, precisely assembled, accurately balanced, with premium organic friction materials for heat tolerance and reduced fade|
|Recommended Use||Recommended for street and race use|
|ACT Difference||100% clamp load tested and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability|
|1980 Toyota Corolla Base||1.8 L4 GAS FI 1770cc|
|1980 Toyota Corolla DLX||1.8 L4 GAS FI 1770cc|
|1980 Toyota Corolla SR5||1.8 L4 GAS FI 1770cc|
|1981 Toyota Corolla Base||1.8 L4 GAS FI 1770cc|
|1981 Toyota Corolla DLX||1.8 L4 GAS FI 1770cc|
|1981 Toyota Corolla SR5||1.8 L4 GAS FI 1770cc|
|1982 Toyota Corolla Base||1.8 L4 GAS FI 1770cc|
|1982 Toyota Corolla DLX||1.8 L4 GAS FI 1770cc|
|1982 Toyota Corolla SR5||1.8 L4 GAS FI 1770cc|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are ACT clutches balanced?
- Yes! All ACT clutch assemblies are computer spin balanced to within .25 oz-in to guarantee help smooth operation across the entire RPM range. For comparison, stock production clutches are typically balanced to within .50 oz-in. Lower is definitely better!
- Will an ACT clutch increase pedal effort?
- ACT pressure plates are specifically designed to handle high torque applications. With ACT's durable design, expect an increase in pedal effort between 15-40% (Heavy Duty) and 50-80% (Xtreme), depending on the application. Clutches developed with less pedal effort often result in a lack of longevity, torque capacity and/or engagement quality.
- Do ACT clutches require a break in period?
- For organic street discs, we recommend breaking in the clutch for 300-500 miles with mild engagement, such as stop-and-go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. ACT race discs usually only require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period, as this can result in friction surfaces fusing together, hot spots, and friction surface glazing.
- Are ACT clutches repairable or rebuildable?
- In some situations, rebuilds or repairs may be possible (see warranty), after inspection of the clutch assembly. Please contact our technical department for further information. Because of special modifications, we do not recommend servicing by a general clutch rebuilder.
- How much does an ACT clutch weigh?
- The weight of the ACT clutch assembly will usually be the same as a stock OEM clutch assembly.