DN4-XTSD - XT/Perf Street Rigid
Note: Conversion Kit - Replaces modular clutch. Must use ACT flywheel (included in kit).
|Item Description||XT/Perf Street Rigid|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||25.2|
|Torque Capacity (ft/lbs.)||540|
|Torque Capacity Over OE||72%|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Inches)||9.4|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Millimeters)||240|
|Input Shaft Diameter (inches)||0.9375|
|Pressure Plate Type||Xtreme|
|Warranty||12 Months (view details)|
DN4-XTSD kit features an Xtreme pressure plate for the most demanding driver. ACT Xtreme pressure plates use exclusive diaphragm design to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure a four-stage, heat-treating process for unparalleled performance. ACT pressure plates have precision cover stampings to provide rigidity and consistency. The ACT Performance street rigid-hub discs feature premium organic materials with high copper content for better heat transfer and steel-backed lining for greater burst strength and durability. The chrome-moly hub is heat-treated for strength and durability. Rivet design and materials are carefully selected for maximum strength. These discs are the minimum weight street disc for faster shifts. ACT's Street rigid-hub discs provide race-proven performance with street manageability.
|Feel||Moderate to heavy pedal effort, smooth positive engagement, increased gear rattle|
|Life||Longer clutch life achieved through ACT's exclusive diaphragm design, rigid design may increase spline wear|
|Quality||Precisely balanced and uses premium organic friction materials for heat tolerance, faster recovery from overheating and prevents warping of mating surfaces|
|Recommended Use||Recommended for street and race use|
|ACT Difference||100% clamp load tested and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability|
|2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2429cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2429cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2429cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are ACT clutches balanced?
- Yes! All ACT clutch assemblies are computer spin balanced to within .25 oz-in to guarantee help smooth operation across the entire RPM range. For comparison, stock production clutches are typically balanced to within .50 oz-in. Lower is definitely better!
- Will an ACT clutch increase pedal effort?
- ACT pressure plates are specifically designed to handle high torque applications. With ACT's durable design, expect an increase in pedal effort between 15-40% (Heavy Duty) and 50-80% (Xtreme), depending on the application. Clutches developed with less pedal effort often result in a lack of longevity, torque capacity and/or engagement quality.
- Do ACT clutches require a break in period?
- For organic street discs, we recommend breaking in the clutch for 300-500 miles with mild engagement, such as stop-and-go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. ACT race discs usually only require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period, as this can result in friction surfaces fusing together, hot spots, and friction surface glazing.
- Are ACT clutches repairable or rebuildable?
- In some situations, rebuilds or repairs may be possible (see warranty), after inspection of the clutch assembly. Please contact our technical department for further information. Because of special modifications, we do not recommend servicing by a general clutch rebuilder.
- How much does an ACT clutch weigh?
- The weight of the ACT clutch assembly will usually be the same as a stock OEM clutch assembly.