600405 - XACT Flywheel Streetlite
Note: Flywheel bolts included (10mm).
|Item Description||XACT Flywheel Streetlite|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||18.6|
|Warranty||12 Months (view details)|
600405 is a Streetlite flywheel, which is considerably lighter than stock and is the most durable flywheel offering from ACT. Materials are properly distributed for maximum strength, lower inertia, good heat tolerance and rigidity. ACT's Streetlite flywheels are preferred for street or drag racing. ACT flywheels are serviceable and can be resurfaced with no need to purchase additional parts.
|Feel||Noticeably improved engine response and acceleration, OE to mild gear rattle|
|Life||Heat-treated forging for strength and toughness, induction-hardened ring gears for maximum life|
|Quality||One piece construction allows less opportunity for failure and provides uniform efficient heat transfer from the clutch disc. No more warped inserts or loose ring gears|
|Recommended Use||Recommended for street and race use|
|ACT Difference||Forged, CNC machined and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability|
|1993 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo||3.0 L6 GAS FI 2997cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|1994 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo||3.0 L6 GAS FI 2997cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo||3.0 L6 GAS FI 2997cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|1996 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo||3.0 L6 GAS FI 2997cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo||3.0 L6 GAS FI 2997cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|1998 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo||3.0 L6 GAS FI 2997cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use an aftermarket flywheel with an ACT clutch?
- The ACT clutch system is designed to work with both stock and good quality aftermarket flywheels. Inferior aftermarket flywheels may have trouble with warpage or high wear. When replacing a flywheel, be sure that the new flywheel meets the same specifications, such as proper step, ring gear tooth count, flywheel thickness, ring gear offset, etc. If the ACT clutch is designated as part of a conversion kit, then it must be used with only the corresponding ACT flywheel.
- What is a flywheel step?
- The flywheel step determines the proper working range of the pressure plate and is extremely crucial for the clutch to work properly. The step is the distance between the friction surface and the pressure plate mounting point on the flywheel. Depending on the make and model of the car it can either be an UP step or DOWN step and sometimes the flywheel will be flat (zero step). Check the manufacturer's specifications about the proper flywheel step for the application.
- Can the XACT Flywheels be resurfaced, and is there a special process?
- Yes, ACT XACT flywheels can be resurfaced just like a stock flywheel and there is no special process other than using a flywheel grinder in good condition to remove as little material as possible for full cleanup (no more than 0.040” / 1.02mm may be removed). Make 100% sure that the proper flywheel step is maintained as this will affect the clutch function if incorrect.