T1RR-D02 - Twin Disc Sint Iron Race Kit
|Item Description||Twin Disc Sint Iron Race Kit|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||15.5|
|Torque Capacity (ft/lbs.)||1091|
|Torque Capacity Over OE||247%|
|Disc Material||Sintered Iron|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Inches)||7.25|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Millimeters)||184|
|Input Shaft Diameter (inches)||0.9375|
|Warranty||12 Months (view details)|
T1RR-D02 race, twin disc kits are race-ready for the serious enthusiast who needs a direct bolt-in kit, requiring no additional modifications. ACT's sintered iron race discs offer the highest torque capacity of all ACT race discs and have ultra-high heat capacity. Most kits offer pedal loads 10-20% higher than stock, yet increasing the clamp load by 80-90%. All ACT twin disc kits include a CNC-machined and dynamically balanced flywheel for trouble free use. All kits undergo an exclusive four-stage, heat-treating process on all diaphragms. ACT twin disc kits include a pressure plate, two discs, floater, flywheel and alignment tool. Some kits may include a pilot bearing and release bearing. ACT Twin disc kits meet SFI Specification 1.2.
|Feel||Light to moderate pedal effort, predictable, quick engagement, quick throttle response, increased gear rattle|
|Life||ACT's exclusive diaphragm, hardened posts and high heat capacity for long life under severe abuse, rigid design may increase spline wear|
|Quality||Carefully engineered, precisely assembled, accurately balanced, chromoly hub is heat-treated for strength and durability|
|Recommended Use||Recommended for high horsepower race use only, not intended for street|
|ACT Difference||100% clamp load tested and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability|
|2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2429cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2429cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4||2.4 L4 GAS FI 2429cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are ACT clutches balanced?
- Yes! All ACT clutch assemblies are computer spin balanced to within .25 oz-in to guarantee help smooth operation across the entire RPM range. For comparison, stock production clutches are typically balanced to within .50 oz-in. Lower is definitely better!
- Will an ACT clutch increase pedal effort?
- ACT pressure plates are specifically designed to handle high torque applications. With ACT's durable design, expect an increase in pedal effort between 15-40% (Heavy Duty) and 50-80% (Xtreme), depending on the application. Clutches developed with less pedal effort often result in a lack of longevity, torque capacity and/or engagement quality.
- Do ACT clutches require a break in period?
- For organic street discs, we recommend breaking in the clutch for 300-500 miles with mild engagement, such as stop-and-go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. ACT race discs usually only require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period, as this can result in friction surfaces fusing together, hot spots, and friction surface glazing.
- Are ACT clutches repairable or rebuildable?
- In some situations, rebuilds or repairs may be possible (see warranty), after inspection of the clutch assembly. Please contact our technical department for further information. Because of special modifications, we do not recommend servicing by a general clutch rebuilder.
- How much does an ACT clutch weigh?
- The weight of the ACT clutch assembly will usually be the same as a stock OEM clutch assembly.