T3R-F09 - Twin Disc MaXX XT Race Kit
|Item Description||Twin Disc MaXX XT Race Kit|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||48.2|
|Torque Capacity (ft/lbs.)||1496|
|Torque Capacity Over OE||157%|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Inches)||10.5|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Millimeters)||267|
|Input Shaft Diameter (inches)||1.375|
|Warranty||12 Months (view details)|
T3R-F09 race, twin disc kit offers twice the number of disc surfaces for better wear, heat capacity and long life compared to single disc kits. These kits use a proprietary Positive Lift Floater System design, which results in quiet operation with no floater rattle and no posts to wear. ACT twin disc kits undergo an exclusive four-stage, heat-treating process on all diaphragms. The ACT twin disc features the ability to adjust for disc wear and provides equal disengagement for discs. ACT's 6-pad rigid race discs are made with high quality, ceramic friction materials. The chrome-moly hub is heat-treated for strength and durability. The lightweight, rigid design allows for quicker shifts and trouble-free service. All ACT twin disc kits include a CNC-machined and dynamically balanced flywheel to ensure trouble-free installation and operation. ACT twin disc kits include a pressure plate, two discs, a floater, flywheel and alignment tool. Some kits may include a pilot bearing and release bearing.
|Feel||Heavy to very heavy pedal effort, aggressive engagement, mild to moderate gear rattle|
|Life||Disc surfaces doubled for better wear, heat capacity and longer life, further extended by ACT's exclusive diaphragm design|
|Quality||Carefully engineered, precisely assembled, accurately balanced, uses select ceramic friction materials for high heat tolerance and maximum performance|
|Recommended Use||Recommended for race use only|
|ACT Difference||100% clamp load tested and dynamically computer balanced for smooth high RPM reliability|
|1966 Ford Galaxie Base||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1967 Ford Galaxie Base||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1968 Ford Fairlane 500||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1968 Ford Fairlane Base||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Base||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1968 Ford Torino Base||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1968 Ford Torino GT||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1969 Ford Fairlane 500||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1969 Ford Fairlane Base||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1969 Ford Mustang Base||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1969 Ford Mustang Shelby GT-500||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1969 Ford Torino Base||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1969 Ford Torino Cobra||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1969 Ford Torino GT||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1970 Ford Mustang Base||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1970 Ford Mustang Grande||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
|1970 Ford Mustang Shelby GT-500||7.0 V8 GAS FI 7014cc|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are ACT clutches balanced?
- Yes! All ACT clutch assemblies are computer spin balanced to within .25 oz-in to guarantee help smooth operation across the entire RPM range. For comparison, stock production clutches are typically balanced to within .50 oz-in. Lower is definitely better!
- Will an ACT clutch increase pedal effort?
- ACT pressure plates are specifically designed to handle high torque applications. With ACT's durable design, expect an increase in pedal effort between 15-40% (Heavy Duty) and 50-80% (Xtreme), depending on the application. Clutches developed with less pedal effort often result in a lack of longevity, torque capacity and/or engagement quality.
- Do ACT clutches require a break in period?
- For organic street discs, we recommend breaking in the clutch for 300-500 miles with mild engagement, such as stop-and-go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. ACT race discs usually only require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period, as this can result in friction surfaces fusing together, hot spots, and friction surface glazing.
- Are ACT clutches repairable or rebuildable?
- In some situations, rebuilds or repairs may be possible (see warranty), after inspection of the clutch assembly. Please contact our technical department for further information. Because of special modifications, we do not recommend servicing by a general clutch rebuilder.
- How much does an ACT clutch weigh?
- The weight of the ACT clutch assembly will usually be the same as a stock OEM clutch assembly.