T3R-M05 - Mod-Twin 225 XX Sprung Race
|Item Description||Mod-Twin 225 XX Sprung Race|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||51.6|
|Torque Capacity (ft/lbs.)||1340|
|Torque Capacity Over OE||275%|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Inches)||8.8|
|Clutch Disc Diameter (Millimeters)||225|
|Input Shaft Diameter (inches)||1|
|Warranty||12 Months (view details)|
T3R-M05 Mod-Twin 225 XX Sprung Race Kit performs aggressive launches and smoother shifting in high powered AWD’s by combining twice the ceramic friction surfaces with an ultra-durable Mono-Drive sprung hub assembly in a completely modular design. Each diaphragm spring endures an exclusive four-stage heat treating process providing a consistent pedal feel requiring moderate effort. Puck-style Friction Plates with high quality ceramic friction materials deliver high friction coefficient, superior heat capacity, and long clutch life. These Friction Plates uniformly transfer torque to a Mono-Drive sprung hub assembly which extends input shaft life and reduces driveline shock from torsional vibration. This kit includes a CNC-machined and dynamically balanced flywheel, pressure plate cover, diaphragm spring, face, puck-style ceramic friction plates, sprung Mono-Drive hub assembly, floater, patented Monoloc Collar, release bearing, alignment tool and pilot bearing (if needed). Mod-Twin clutches are fully rebuildable and most components can be ordered separately.
|Feel||Predictable aggressive engagement, increased pedal effort, smooth shifting, possible start-off judder with OE to mild transmission gear noise|
|Life||Forged Aluminum Cover, Mono-drive hub, exclusive diaphragm, premium friction materials, and hardened wear points ensure this long-life twin performs and survives under the most demanding conditions|
|Quality||Delivers maximum performance and high heat tolerance by combining robust design, strategic features, choice materials, and close tolerances|
|Recommended Use||Drag, Road or Rally Racing|
|ACT Difference||Applying tactical engineering to the MOD-TWIN, ACT presents unique solutions to common tradeoffs found on twin disc clutches, resulting in an ultra-durable, customer serviceable, long-lasting clutch with very high torque capacity. All are 100% clamp load tested, balanced and SFI certified|
|2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR||2.0 L4 GAS FI 1998cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR||2.0 L4 GAS FI 1998cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS||2.0 L4 GAS FI 1998cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR||2.0 L4 GAS FI 1998cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR||2.0 L4 GAS FI 1998cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR||2.0 L4 GAS FI 1998cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2013 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR||2.0 L4 GAS FI 1998cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution||2.0 L4 GAS FI 1998cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR||2.0 L4 GAS FI 1998cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition||2.0 L4 GAS FI 1998cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
|2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR||2.0 L4 GAS FI 1998cc | DOHC | Turbocharged|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are ACT clutches balanced?
- Yes! All ACT clutch assemblies are computer spin balanced to within .25 oz-in to guarantee help smooth operation across the entire RPM range. For comparison, stock production clutches are typically balanced to within .50 oz-in. Lower is definitely better!
- Will an ACT clutch increase pedal effort?
- ACT pressure plates are specifically designed to handle high torque applications. With ACT's durable design, expect an increase in pedal effort between 15-40% (Heavy Duty) and 50-80% (Xtreme), depending on the application. Clutches developed with less pedal effort often result in a lack of longevity, torque capacity and/or engagement quality.
- Do ACT clutches require a break in period?
- For organic street discs, we recommend breaking in the clutch for 300-500 miles with mild engagement, such as stop-and-go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. ACT race discs usually only require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period, as this can result in friction surfaces fusing together, hot spots, and friction surface glazing.
- Are ACT clutches repairable or rebuildable?
- In some situations, rebuilds or repairs may be possible (see warranty), after inspection of the clutch assembly. Please contact our technical department for further information. Because of special modifications, we do not recommend servicing by a general clutch rebuilder.
- How much does an ACT clutch weigh?
- The weight of the ACT clutch assembly will usually be the same as a stock OEM clutch assembly.